25 April 2011

last night in kenya

Well, this is it.
We leave tomorrow.
Nearly three months here in Kitale and it feels like home. Has for a while. We have become like a family -- helps that they all are! Do I want to leave? No. Can I leave? Yes. So I am not leaving
Kitale; I'm just going home. Better way to look at it, and I don't get all consumed with "lasts." Last this, last that...I'll last to death! This way I can look forward to going home, seeing people, going places, and I do. I am excited to go home. Just not to leave.
I want to come back. I don't want to think that I might never. What will God have me do? I can't know or say, but I do know this: He is good, and He is faithful. He brought me here with a purpose, and He did it in His masterful timing. He won't stop just because I have to leave a place I love. So I will trust Him.
We are sad to go, thankful for His gifts to us all, joyful because of what He has done, eager to start again back home, filled with every emotion all at once.
Thank You so, so much God.

No comments:

Post a Comment